FULL EXTERIOR RENOVATION
Schematic Design Stage Energy Model
Schematic Design Stage Energy Model service includes custom computer generated energy modelling with DesignPH software. Once the software renders a 3D model of the house / building, the simulated energy consumption data is shown and discussed with the client with recommended energy conservation measures (ECM) if not meeting the requirements for an EnerPHit Certified Retrofit. ECM’s may include but not limited to the following:
- adjustments to thermal insulation levels at walls, roofs, floors, doors and windows,
- adding, deleting, moving or reshaping windows to decrease energy consumption,
- improving building form (compactness)
- running several iterations of the energy model to evaluate and optimize the design.
This energy model is the best opportunity to optimize the renovation design to make informed decisions. Objective is to determine if still on path to meet the project goal.
Service includes the following:
- Video conference meeting with the Homeowner and/or Contractor to discuss findings.
- Ask questions, discuss recommended ECM’s that will make the home / building more comfortable and energy efficient,
- Determine if pursuing an EnerPHit Certified Retrofit is feasible.
Further energy modelling with the Passive House Planning Package (PHPP) is required if pursuing an EnerPHit Certified Retrofit. This is an additional service in the Design Development phase.