KAI LITE Detail Package – AutoCAD Version
The KAI LITE Detail Package in AutoCAD Format allows you to customize the exterior and interior finishes to create distinctive solutions for each project that reflect the Client’s style, needs and goals. In addition, AutoCAD files will enable you to effortlessly transfer the Detail Package onto your company’s title block to apply for a building permit.
Empower your company to design High-Performance Homes starting today!
The KAI LITE Detail Package in AutoCAD Format is engineered for Cool Temperate & Cold Climates (ASHRAE Climate Zones 4, 5, 6, 7 & 8). The building enclosure uses a standoff wall consisting of a conventional 2×4 framed inner wall (load-bearing) with vertical wood I-joists (9.5” deep) exoskeleton fastened through the exterior wall sheathing into the 2×4 wall studs. The structural frame uses standard framing techniques with exterior wall sheathing, interior gypsum wallboard with standard platform framed floors and interior wall junctions. The primary air barrier system uses the vapour control membrane (temporary UV / weather resistance during construction) with taped joints to maintain air barrier continuity. The secondary air barrier system uses an exterior sheathing membrane (WRB). The WRB must be a high-performance sheet membrane that can be used as netting for high-density blown-in insulation. The design includes multiple roof options including sloped roofs and roof decks (inverted and vented assembly options).
Overview of what’s included
- 14 building enclosure construction details building permit ready.
- All details are clearly labeled to simplify construction for the builder.
- Construction assembly component lists for the walls, sloped roof & floors.
- Sloped roof option only (roof deck not included).
- Unheated basement / crawlspace options.
- All critical primary air barrier components are coloured red with notes in red font.
- Rain-screened wall assembly for ultimate rain-water penetration protection.
- Integrated notes to clarify possible modifications & installation instructions.
All construction assemblies and building enclosure construction details are diagramatic and are not intended for direct use. A Professional Engineer or Architect must evaluate and customize per specific job requirement.